Quattrolifts releases new Glass lifter for Polishing Machine
Quattrolifts have released the Mule which is designed for one man to lift and rotate over 300 Kg of glass or IG’s for use inside glazing shops with greater safety and ease. The Mule can load and unload glass, mirrors and double glazed units onto cutting tables, edgework polishing machines, trucks and dollies while reducing your OSHA risks.
The Mule can rotate glass 360 degrees allowing long and heavy sheets of glass to be loaded onto an edgework polishing machine. The Mule is operated by a portable DC vacuum pump applying vacuum to four 280mm Woods cups. The vacuum pump arms can be swiveled allowing for long narrow plates to be handled safely.
Benefits of using The Mule
- Used as an alternative to an overhead crane to handle heavy sheets of glass
- Save money as the Mule is about one quarter the cost of a basic overhead crane
- Reduced OSHA risks due to reduced hazardous manual handling of glass
- Improved productivity as less people are required to do the same work
- Use areas of the glazing shop not serviced by an overhead crane
- Safely load trucks outside the glazing shop
For glazing shops that don’t have overhead cranes or their cranes don’t reach some areas, the Mule can be used to move glass around from a rack to a cutting table and rotate glass on an edgework machine. Glaziers can also use the Mule to load and unload trucks that are parked outside their shops.